Leave wine tasting to the ladies and get stuck into the hard stuff on your stag do. Birmingham offers stag parties the golden opportunity to experience a whisky tasting masterclass. Get up to speed on the basics, do a little tasting and learn how to really appreciate the drink of bikers and Mad Men.
Whisky tasting stag parties in Birmingham take place in a suitably cool venue. Head over to the hip creative quarter, which is home to a proper man cave that boasts a bar and a games room with poker and roulette.
On arrival at the venue you’ll be welcomed by a whisky buff who really knows his stuff. This guy will transform you from greenhorns to malt masters. You’ll never neck a whisky again after this class! If you don’t know the difference between whisky and whisky, get your names down and put the record straight.
Here’s what you can expect from a whisky tasting stag do in Birmingham:
• Single malt vs blended whisky
• Scotch for dummies
• How to taste whisky (tilting, turning, nosing and agitating)
• Whisky ageing and barrels
• 10ml tasters of 4-5 blended and single malt whiskies
• A 25ml dram of the whisky you liked best
• Masterclass handout to take home